NWU Lekwena GitPages
This is the official page for the NWU Lekwena Radar. The site is deployed here using jekyll and GitPages.
The page is updated everyday using a cron tab to deploy the newest synoptic forecasts and any other changes that may have taken place.
Some practical considerations, in no specific order:
- The site is static, this has a couple of advantages, but most important of all it is reliable. Keep it that way.
- It would be wise to contact @h-havenga before doing anything else as he setup the original page and scripts
- Be aware that there is a couple of cron scripts running in the background to:
- Get the synoptic data and make the maps in a timely manner
- Update the website with the newest synoptic maps daily
- Look at the push_site.sh to get an idea of the github deployment process
- DO NOT CHANGE the github username unnecessarily as this effects the page and you'll have trouble figuring out the redeployment.
- IF you DID NOT follow my advice in the previous point:
- Good for you
- Change everything in the layouts/default.html from crggithub.github.io to <newusername.github.io>
- Go to settings in the repository and change the page deployment to <newusername.github.io>
- Go to web host and change crggithub.github.io to <newusername.github.io>
- Always make sure there's unwilling willing grad student to maintain this.