Amethyst Task Manager
- Amethyst is a desktop task manager application. It has a GUI but most of the user interactions happen using a CLI (Command Line Interface).
- It is a Java sample application intended for users who prefer to keep their email inbox clean and assign any todo items somewhere else.
- What's different from Google Calendar:
- A desktop software that can be summoned quickly.
- Good in capturing tasks that need to be done before a specific date/time, or after a specific date/time, and items without specific times.
- Uses one shot command input rather than several clicks.
- Works without internet connection.
- Source code was based on sample project created by [SE-EDU initiative] (https://github.com/se-edu/)
- Sample application was inspired by [Java FX tutorial] (http://code.makery.ch/library/javafx-8-tutorial/) by Marco Jakob.