LongSpine Overarching Ontology
An abstract model of the Longitidunal Spine of Government Functions project's main content.
This model declares ony a couple of its own classes and properties and inherits most of its content from existing, well-known and models, such as Thge Organization Ontololgy.
Figure 1 is an informal overview of the content of this ontology. See Figure 2 further below for the formal ontology diagram.
- README.md - this file
- overarching-model.svg - the overview diagram shown in Figure 1
- longspine.ttl - the formal definition of this model, stored according to the Resource Description Framework (RDF) in the turtle file format
- longspine.svg - OWL diagram of the ontology. Figure 2 below
- LICENSE - the license for this repository
- imports/* - a directory containing the existing ontologies that this model inherits from
- CSIRO_Logo.svg - CSIRO's logo for the branding of this repo and the ontology (top of this file)
This overarching model would relate the example fact that Government Unit X is associated with Function Y like this:
<GovernmentStructuralUnit_X> <assigned> <GovernmentFunction_Y> .
The National Archives of Australia's Commonwealth Record Series Ontology contains
Function classes of object so if it were describing the relation above, it could do it like this:
<CommonwealthOrganisation_X> <performs> <Function_Y> .
CommonwealthOrganisation is a specialised type of
Function (as defined in the CRS Ontolgy) is a specialised form of
performs is the CRS Ontology synonym for
Formal ontology diagram
The formal diagram for this ontology is Figure 2 below. It should obviously correlate to the overview diagram above in Figure 1 however it conveys the formal modelling in the longspine.ttl RDF file defining this ontology.
This ontology and all other content in this repository are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) (local copy of deed: LICENSE).