Campaign Manager (CM)
Campaign Manager (CM) provides Single dash-board for Political leadership-in the run-up to the elections.
- You can use this open source application and set it up in your own server(setup instructions are below).
- AVS Labs Pte Ltd(http://avslabs.co/) also offers the Campaign Manager SAAS in a nominal price.
- Customization: You can also contact AVS Labs, if you need customized version ( it can be done in a nominal price).
Key Benefits for political party leadership –
- Delegates different tasks to party hierarchy with delivery deadlines
- Tracks progress and provides auto alerts to leader on tasks’ status
- Prioritizes Constituency Tasks in a criticality matrix, for better focus
- Provides Simple Dashboard to manage election campaign, by any parameter – Issue/Delegate/Constituency/Criticality
- OS: Debian 9 or higher version (or can be installed in other Linux variants)
- Server: Apache (latest version)
- Server-Side Scripting Engine: PHP 7.x
- Database: Mariadb 10.3 or higher version
Download the web source code and place in a directory, for example: /opt/cm/web/ Edit the web/App/Config.php file and modify the Database configuration details (create the database called "cm" first : mysql> create database cm;).
Configure the apache with following or similar configuration so that it will mark "/opt/cm/web/public" as root of the publicly exposed directory(don't expose the root directory to public).
DocumentRoot /opt/cm/web/public <Directory /opt/cm/web/> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Require all granted </Directory>
Create a folder called "data" above the web folder(exmaple: /opt/cm/data/" and ensure the apache server has full permission over this directory (ensure this directory is NOT publicly accessible).
Edit the "web/App/Config.php" file and set the debug mode to true Once everything is ready, go to "http(s)://[SERVER_ADDRESS]/setup/" Enter the Super Admin username and password then click Setup.
If everything goes well, you should be able to see success message. Then disable the debug mode by setting DEBUG_MODE value to false in "web/App/Config.php" file.
Go to "http(s)://[SERVER_ADDRESS]/" and login with super admin.
Create organization and add an admin user to the organization. Once done, log out from the super admin.
Log in into the "http(s)://[SERVER_ADDRESS]/" with the newely created admin credentials.
Login with the above admin credentials
Select “Constituency->Add” Menu
Fill the constituency name and party strength(strong,moderate/weak) in the constituency
• Feeder account is used by party workers at party level. • This account can be used for adding new feed and view their tasks. • If there is a task, the feeder can mark as completed after finishing the work or give feedback to the admin.
Creating a Feeder Account:
(at least one constituency should be there in order to add feeder account) Step 1: Select “Users->Add” Menu Step 2: Fill the form , select the role as Feeder Step 3: Click “Add” button
• The admin user can view the feeds given by feeders. • Admin can create new task or task based on the feed • Admin dashboard allows to view the overdue tasks, completed tasks that are yet to be verified by the admin, other tasks that are still not resolved. • Admin can create constituencies • Admin can create feeder, data entry(subadmin) accounts Creating admin Account: Step 1: Select “Users->Add” Menu Step 2: Fill the form , select the role as Admin Step 3: Click “Add” button
Data Entries/subadmin account:
• The data entry account can add a feed on behalf of the feeders. Creating the Account: Step 1: Select “Users->Add” Menu Step 2: Fill the form , select the role as Subadmin Step 3: Click “Add” button