This version supports booting ALL current OS/CS CFW, Linux chainloading and payload tools.
No more SD card removals
Latest OFW supported: 8.1.0
New in this major version
- Introducing Nyx v0.8.0
Nyx is hekate's GUI. Packs many features, like FastFS, emuMMC manage, customization, etc.
Look below for more.
- 8.1.0 support
- emuMMC support
It supports disabling it by boot entry (
emummc_force_disable=1), stock (not all fw ver support it) and many more.
Works with SD raw partition and SD file based. (SD file based is extremely slow. Wait for FastFS 4 emuMMC).
This version can sanely shutdown and also supports more SD cards than before.
Thanks to a collab with @m4xw , @SciresM, @hexkyz.
- Supercharged boot times
Even with emuMMC or kip1 patching, it's faster than before.
- Supercharged Backup/Restore with FastFS (Nyx only)
Backup and Restore is now orders of magnitudes faster.
Some examples (measured on a U3 SD): No verif: 9min, Sparse: 15min, etc. Even Full with hashes is extremely faster.
- External KIP1 patching support
Now non-important patches reside outside of hekate binary. For now this can only patch KIPs defined in hekate's code, with whatever new patches. Next versions will support other KIPs.
- Many bugfixes
- Snappy and fluid GUI w/ touch support
Yes! This runs on BPMP!
- All classic launch options are there
- emuMMC manage
Change between raw partition emuMMCs and SD file based ones easily.
Create file based or raw partition based from eMMC via the Create button.
You can also restore a backup directly to sd partition via the Restore option in tools (outside of emuMMC), AFTER you turned ON
SD emuMMC Raw Partition.
Migrate other types of emunand (raw partition or sd file), repair existing raw partition configurations, or migrate a backup (outside of restore folder), to sd file based.
Everything is currently made to protect Linux partitions.
Additionally, the raw partition based is done in 16MB offset, so it can protected from quick formats.
- All Info and Tools are now supercharged
Dump individual kips from eMMC, see detailed info about fuses, do backups and restores way faster, etc.
- Customization support
Custom icons for boot entries and also a background is supported. (Check readme for how to use them).
- Many additions in automation. For example, Nyx will automatically dump pkg1/2 after a sept run.
- Screenshot support. Touch the screen with 3 fingers (no need for swipe).
- And many many more smaller and bigger features.
NOTE: The folders in emuMMC now hold nyx configurations.
raw_based. The first tells it that it's a file based one and the other holds the sector of that emuMMC.
NOTE2: This changelog will be updated with missing info.
Nyx and hekate TODO
In no particular order:
- Sd raw partition backup
- Migration from raw to sd and the opposite
- Clock offset support like HOS
- Temporary emuMMC disable
- Destructive SD partitioning
- Resize based SD partitioning
- emuMMC resizing
- Sd raw emuMMC on unallocated empty space support?
- Quick launch of last chosen boot entry
- Themes support
- Joycon support
Check readme.md for more.
NOTE: You will need sept and a custom secmon and warmboot binary to boot 7.0.0-8.1.0 or stock emuMMC.