A cffi-based SDL wrapper that copies the pygame API.
We copy various code and API ideas from pygame, so we inherit pygame's LGPL v2.1, or later license.
We have a Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pygame-cffi. Any pygame-cffi discussion welcome!
There is also the #pygame-cffi channel on irc.freenode.net
- Install the requirements listed below. On a Debian-based system, all
requirements can be installed using
sudo apt-get build-dep pygame(pygame_cffi requires most of the pygame dependencies).
pip install pygame_cffi
pygame_cffi requires a recent version of python-cffi to build (at least version 1.3.0).
- Install dependencies (probably in a virtualenv)
- Upstream pygame unit tests:
python -m test
- Tests that are known to fail on pygame_cffi are marked as expected
failures. To see these failures, pass the
- Conformance between pygame and pygame_cffi: See
- pygame_cffi functionality example apps are in the
Building on windows
To build on windows, you need to download the appropriate dependency libraries.
pygame project provides all the required libraries in a nicely
bundled set, available from
For 32 bit machines, download the latest prebuilt-x86 zipfile and unzip it under the pygame_cffi directory.
For 64 bit machines, download the latest prebuild-x64 zipfile and unzip it under the pygame_cffi directory.
Then run python setup.py build to compile the modules.