I Love Lamps - A Sample Sinatra App
I Love Lamps.com is a simple store for buying lamps of all kinds. You can see which lamps are available, view details about a particular lamp, and if you like, purchase a lamp.
TODO / Feature List
- Show Available Lamps on the front page
- Simple Header with Logo
- Simple Page to Show Lamp Details
- Abstract Lamp into a Model
- Add critical info about the lamps: price, picture
- THIS IS WHERE WE STOPPED
- Add color variable to Lamp class and display on Lamp page.
- Create form to Buy Lamps
- Process Purchases on the Server (decrement quantity)
- Create Order Confirmation Page
- Resize the logo to fit the header.
- Add "back" links to Details and Buy pages.
- Don't let someone try to order if there are 0 lamps in stock.
- Create a "database" abstraction instead of a global array.
- Show error message if out-of-stock race condition occurs.
- Add "Restock Lamps" page under secret admin route: /admins/restock/:lamp_id
- Add Lamp Images to the Index and Buy page as Thumbnails
- Add Lamp Accessories: bulbs
- Track quantity of lamps sold per day. Show on /admins/sales
- Collect user information: Name, Email, Favorite Movie involving Lamps, Shipping Address
- Apply Bootstrap to the site. Create better nav bar. Center page.
- Add "Sale" item to front page. Special emphasis with pitch.
- Show basic Chrome js console
- Show console logging.
- Demo "getElementById() and getElementbyClass()"
- Download jQuery & embed in layout
- Demo $('#foo') and $('.bar')
- Create buy page & form
- Add quantity & total fields
- Subtract quantity on server
- Dynamically update total on.('change')