Cacher is the code snippet organizer for pro developers. It is a cross-platform, cloud-based app used to curate a snippet library for you and your team.
- Support for editing and viewing 100+ programming languages.
- Flexible color-coded labels to categorize snippets.
- Shareable snippet pages via Cacher's code-sharing community: snippets.cacher.io
- Team and organization features like shared libraries, notifications, role management and code reviews.
- Desktop clients for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Full-featured web app: app.cacher.io
Cacher for Atom
This package offers Cacher users the ability to perform popular actions on their personal and team snippet libraries from within the editor.
Demo of finding and inserting a Cacher snippet:
- Install the Cacher for Atom package using apm:
apm install cacher
- Once Atom has loaded, you will be prompted to setup Cacher. Click the Setup Cacher button. (You can also start the setup wizard by using the Cacher: Setup command.)
- In the prompt to "Enter Cacher Credentials", click the Open Cacher link to view your API credentials. You can also navigate to the page via: app.cacher.io/enter?action=view_api_creds
- From the popped up webpage, sign up or sign in as a Cacher user.
- Once you are signed in, you should see a dialog on the top-right corner with your API KEY and API TOKEN values.
Back in Atom, enter your API key and token from step 5 into the prompt.
You're all set! Open the Command Palette and type in Cacher: Find Snippet to search for a snippet from your Cacher libraries.
Find a snippet from your personal and team Cacher libraries. Searches across snippets' title, description and file content.
Once you've found what you're looking for, you'll see buttons in the footer to:
- Insert the file's content, replacing your selection in the active editor.
- Copy the file's content to the clipboard.
- Open the snippet in the Cacher web app.
- Open the snippet's page.
Create a snippet from either the text selection or the entire file (no selection). The command opens up a prompt for you to choose:
- Personal or team library (if using teams)
- Description - Optional
- Public/private permission
- Label - Optional
Reload your Cacher snippets. Do this once you've made a change to your snippets outside of Atom.
The package auto-refreshes once every hour.
Kick off the setup wizard to authenticate your Cacher account. Run this command if you need to switch users.
Right-click on an active editor to bring up Cacher context menu actions:
- Create Snippet - Create a new snippet using the selected text or the entire file if there is no text selected.
- Insert Snippet - Search for a snippet and insert the content in-place.
The Cacher for Atom package is available for registered users on a Pro/Team plan. For a 14-day free Team trial, sign up at app.cacher.io.
Find help articles and file support tickets: support.cacher.io
Initial release of Cacher for Atom package.
- Find Snippet
- Create Snippet
Thanks for deciding to help!
Before submitting a pull request, be sure to check for errors with ESLint:
npx eslint .
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details.