DoppleDonger is a tool that helps you choose which champion to master next! Take a look here! http://doppeldonger.herokuapp.com/
When we looked at Riots API Challenge (April-May 2016) and saw they wanted us to do something with the Mastery stats, we were lost. We wanted to make a tool that made you better, but masteries didn't necessarily mean you are good or bad at a champion. But it did mean you liked them... So we decided we would take this information to help you decide what champion to play next. We stored tons of mastery information, so that we could compare your name to summoners all across your region. We compare your information to theirs and using that information decide who you should play next.
This problem presented us with a number of Challenges.
- There is no easy way to get aggregate data from the Riot API. We had to collect our own and store it in a database.
- When looking at what database to use, we wanted to use PostgreSQL or MySQL. But the more research we did, we saw that Graph Databases were ideal for this situation. Neither of us had worked on a graph database before, so we were treading in new waters.
- Backend: Ruby
- Database: Graph Story
- Platform: Heroku (PaaS)
- Ruby Installed
- GraphStory Installed
######Getting the project up & running
- Download the project from Github
- Install Bundler
gem install bundler
- Bundle the Gems
- Set ENV Variables: GRAPHSTORY_URL to your Graphstory Database & RIOT_API_KEY to your API Key
- Run Attribute Startup:
- Run Champion Startup:
- Start your Sinatra server: