Shell script to install a CAP Masternode on a Linux server running Ubuntu 16.04. Use it on your own risk.
Installation on vps:
- login as root (if you are not root):
- install wget if its not installed:
apt-get install wget
- download and run script:
wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Cap-Project/Masternode-Setup-Script/master/cap_install.sh bash cap_install.sh
- during installation it will ask you to add private key that you will generate on local wallet
Desktop wallet setup
After the MN is up and running, you need to configure the desktop wallet accordingly. Here are the steps for Windows Wallet
- Open the CAP Coin Desktop Wallet.
- Go to RECEIVE and create a New Address: MN1
- Send 10000 CAP to MN1.
- Wait for 15 confirmations.
- Go to Tools -> "Debug console - Console"
- Type the following command: masternode outputs
- Type masternode genkey to generate Privkey and paste it on vps during its installation
- Go to ** Tools -> "Open Masternode Configuration File"
- Add the following entry:
Alias Address Privkey TxHash Output_index
- Alias: MN1
- Address: VPS_IP:PORT
- Privkey: Masternode Private Key
- TxHash: First value from Step 6
- Output index: Second value from Step 6
- Save and close the file.
- Go to Masternode Tab. If you tab is not shown, please enable it from: Settings - Options - Wallet - Show Masternodes Tab
- Click Update status to see your node. If it is not shown, close the wallet and start it again.
- Click Start All
- If you are not able to see your Masternode, try to close and open your desktop wallet.
cap-cli mnsync status cap-cli getinfo cap-cli masternode status or: cap-cli masternode debug
Also, if you want to check/start/stop cap , run one of the following commands as root:
systemctl status cap #To check the service is running. systemctl start cap #To start cap service. systemctl stop cap #To stop cap service. systemctl is-enabled cap #To check whether or not the cap service is enabled on boot or not.