gamePKG [by CaptainCPS-X, 2012]
gamePKG is an application for the PS3 that allows the user to queue PKG files for later installation from the XMB "without restarting the PS3 at all".
Main objective of this application is to help users on Rogero CFW 4.30 (v2.03) to install PKGs without wasting much time.
NOTE: Source Code will be released very soon after I finish cleaning it up, etc.
Tested on Rogero CFW 4.30 (v2.03)
Should work on 3.40+ CFW
The application will scan the following directories for PKG files:
The application handles big PKG files without problem, remember that these take some time to copy, make sure to have at least double the space on the HDD.
- The application doesn't support re-scaning devices for new PKG files (for now)
- The application doesn't verify HDD for previously queued files (for now)
- The application doesn't display a Progress bar (for now)
- The application doesn't support split PKG files (for now)
- The application doesn't support removing Queued PKG (for now)
- The application doesn't have any special GUI (don't know how to, sorry lol)
- Use UP and DOWN to select PKGs
- Press (X) to Queue the selected PKG
- Press (O) to Quit and return to XMB
- Initial "Test" Release
- aldostools - your ps3tools for windows are the best =)
- deank - multiMAN helped me research / debug my application
- fail0verfl0w, GeoHot, etc - for all you have done for the PS3 scene
Annonymous - for releasing Sony SDKs
Thanks to anyone else I forgot that in some way contributed to the PS3 scene and as a result I was able to do this homebrew application.