gamePKG [by CaptainCPS-X, 2012-2013]
gamePKG is an application for the PS3 that allows the user to queue PKG files for later installation from the XMB "without restarting the PS3 at all".
Main objective of this application is to help users on Rogero CFW 4.30 (v2.03) to install PKGs without wasting much time.
Tested on: Rogero CFW 4.30 (v2.03 & v2.05) @ 1080p resolution [HDMI]
Should work on 3.40+ CFW
The application will scan the following directories for files with .PKG/.pkg extension :
Devices scanned are:
- dev_hdd0 (PS3 Internal HDD)
- dev_usb000 (External USB)
- dev_usb001 (External USB)
- dev_usb002 (External USB)
- dev_usb003 (External USB)
- dev_cf (Compact Flash)
- dev_sd (SD Card)
- dev_ms (Memory Stick)
The application handles big PKG files without problem, remember that these take some time to copy, make sure to have at least double the space on the HDD.
- The application doesn't support re-scaning devices for new PKG files (for now)
- The application doesn't display a Progress bar (for now)
- The application doesn't support split PKG files (for now)
- The application doesn't have any special GUI (don't know how to, sorry lol)
- Use UP and DOWN to select PKGs.
- Press (X) to Queue the selected PKG.
- Press (O) to Quit and return to XMB.
- Press ([ ]) to Remove the selected PKG from queue.
- Re-wrote device and directory scanning code, now it is case-sensitive :)
- The following directories are valid for PKG file storage:
Note: You can have all those directories at same time, with different PKG files, and they will be properly scanned, not even multiMAN have this implemented :p, LOL.
- Implemented PKG list sorting by filename.
- Added feature to remove previously queued PKG by pressing ([ ]) square.
- Added scan of PKG files on root of USB devices as well (from "/dev_usb000/" to "/dev_usb003/")
- Added scan of PKG files on "/dev_cf/..." (compact flash), "/dev_sd/..." (sd card), "/dev_ms/..." (memory stick)
- Improved application performance by cleaning up, organizing and simplifying lot of code.
- Copy of PKG files is faster now.
- Re-wrote module to write the PDB & Icon files from scratch.
- Other source code improvements.
- Initial "Test" Release
- aldostools - your ps3tools for windows are the best =)
- deank - multiMAN helped me research / debug my application
- fail0verfl0w, GeoHot, etc - for all you have done for the PS3 scene
Annonymous - for releasing Sony SDKs
Thanks to anyone else I forgot that in some way contributed to the PS3 scene and as a result I was able to do this homebrew application.