Active Admin is a Ruby on Rails framework for creating elegant backends for website administration.
State of the project
We're currently working on 1.0.0, which as far as dependencies, moves us from meta_search to Ransack and adds Rails 4 support. You can get Rails 4 and 4.1 support by tracking master:
gem 'activeadmin', github: 'gregbell/active_admin'
The plan is to follow semantic versioning as of 1.0.0. The 0.6.x line will still be maintained, and we will backport bug fixes into future 0.6.x releases. If you don't want to have to wait for a release, you can track the branch instead:
gem 'activeadmin', github: 'gregbell/active_admin', branch: '0-6-stable'
- Website: http://www.activeadmin.info
- Live demo: http://demo.activeadmin.info/admin
- Allow developers to quickly create gorgeous administration interfaces (Not Just CRUD)
- Build a DSL for developers and an interface for businesses.
- Ensure that developers can easily customize every nook and cranny of the interface.
- Build common interfaces as shareable gems so that the entire community benefits.
Check out the docs!
Want to contribute?
We try not to reinvent the wheel, so Active Admin is built with other open source projects:
|Arbre||Ruby -> HTML, just like that.|
|Devise||Powerful, extensible user authentication|
|Formtastic||A Rails form builder plugin with semantically rich and accessible markup|
|Iconic Icons||An excellent SVG icon set designed by P.J. Onori|
|Inherited Resources||Simplifies controllers with pre-built RESTful controller actions|
|Kaminari||Elegant pagination for any sort of collection|
|Ransack||Provides a simple search API to query your data|