markdown-wiki or mdwiki is a basic wiki.
- Documents are written in markdown.
- All documents are stored on the file system, you can edit them through the web interface, or directly on the file system with your editor of choice.
- Versions are tracked with a VCS; currently Mercurial and Git are supported.
- It has a simple interface, no excessively ‘hip’ JS. It’s perfectly usable in
- Lighter than DokuWiki!
Install dependencies with bundler:
You can optionally configure some settings in
You will need to initialize a
userfile and a VCS repository in
./install.rbis the easiest way to initialize a repo; you can add users with
Start it with:
./mdwiki.rb, or with a port number:
./mdwiki.rb -p 4568.
See the Kramdown docs. You can
configure this in
Paths ending with
@ will get redirected to
[link](/other_page@) is the same as
[link](/other_page.markdown) this saves
some typing for wiki links.
This is not a markdown extension, but just a HTTP redirect.
Editing documents on the file system
- Spaces are stored as an underscore (
- Files must end with
.mdto be editable; all other files are treated as a data file.
- You can use any pathname, but paths cannot begin with
special:(case insensitive) or end with a
- The ‘preview’ functionality is imperfect, since Kramdown & the PageDown markdown flavours differ. In fact, it’s so imperfect that I disabled it for now...