Make a pkg-plist for a FreeBSD port. Try to be as ‘automatic’ as possible.
That’s all it does ;-)
You can find it in the FreeBSD ports collection at
- Build your port to the staging directory:
- Run this from your port’s directory (or set
Alternatively, you can install your ports to a ‘fake’ prefix, this is the “old” from before staging support, but it has the added advantage that you’ve tested whether your port works when installing to a different prefix.
- Build & install your port with a different
make install PREFIX=/var/tmp/ptest.
- Run this from your port’s directory with
Version 1.4, 2014-12-02
@dir, instead of
@dirrm; patch by email@example.com
STAGEDIR; patch by firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 1.3, 2013-03-13
Version 1.2, 2012-11-07
- Python 3 compatibility
Version 1.1, 2011-11-14
- Update to reflect changes in the ports tree.
Version 1.0, 2006
- Initial release