The best way to get started is to navigate through the CARTO.js documentation site:
- Guide will give you a good overview of the library.
- API Reference will help you use a particular class or method.
- Examples will demo some specific features.
- Support might answer some of your questions.
We use SemVer for versioning.
Please refer to CHANGELOG.md for a list of notables changes for each version of the library.
You can also see the tags on this repository.
You will need to sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) before making a submission. Learn more here.
This project is licensed under the BSD 3-clause "New" or "Revised" License - see the LICENSE.txt file for details.
npm run docs to build the API reference documentation from jsdoc annotations.
Once the task is done, you can visit
docs/public/index.html to check the reference
You can read the general documentation that is published at https://carto.com/developers/carto-js/ also in this repo. They are written in Markdown.
Warning: internal links in these documents don't work. They are replaced when the documentation is published in https://carto.com/
docs/guides contains general information about the CARTO.js library.
- Quickstart: get started quickly following this tutorial.
- Upgrade considerations: if you have experience with previous versions of CARTO.js, this is the place to learn the differences between the former library and the newest one.
- Glossary: terms that appear throughout the documentation.
In the folder
examples/public you can find several folders with example for every feature of CARTO.js.
docs/reference/topics.md contains general considerations when working with CARTO.js. It's advisable to read them before diving in the API reference.
docs/support contains several document with support documentation: support options, FAQs, error messages...
Run the tests
Build the library
npm run build
To watch the files
npm run build:watch
Generate the docs
npm run docs
npm run bump
To publish a release to the
npm run release
Looking for the previous version?
Previous version cartodb.js v3 it's available here