CARTO Spatial Analysis extension for PostgreSQL.
pg/contains the PostgreSQL extension source code
py/Python module source code
- plpythonu (for PG12+, plpython3u) and postgis extensions
- python-scipy system package (see src/py/README.md)
We use the branch
develop as the main integration branch for development. The
master is reserved to handle releases.
The process is as follows:
- Create a new topic branch from
developfor any new feature or bugfix and commit their changes to it:
git fetch && git checkout -b my-cool-feature origin/develop
- Code, commit, push, repeat.
- Write some tests for your feature or bugfix.
- Update the NEWS.md doc.
- Create a pull request and mention relevant people for a peer review.
- Address the comments and improvements you get from the peer review.
In order for a pull request to be accepted, the following criteria should be met:
- The peer review should pass and no major issue should be left unaddressed.
- CI tests must pass (travis will take care of that).
For a detailed description of the development process please see the CONTRIBUTING.md guide.
The tests (both for SQL and Python) are executed by running, from the top directory:
sudo make install make test
The release process is described in the RELEASE.md guide and is the responsibility of the designated release manager.