CARTO Spatial Analysis extension for PostgreSQL.
pg/contains the PostgreSQL extension source code
py/Python module source code
- plpythonu and postgis extensions
- python-scipy system package (see src/py/README.md)
We distinguish two roles:
- developers will implement new functionality and bugfixes into the codebase.
- A release manager will handle the release process.
We use the branch
develop as the main integration branch for development. The
master is reserved to handle releases.
The process is as follows:
- Create a new topic branch from
developfor any new feature or bugfix and commit their changes to it:
git fetch && git checkout -b my-cool-feature origin/develop
- Code, commit, push, repeat.
- Write some tests for your feature or bugfix.
- Update the NEWS.md doc.
- Create a pull request and mention relevant people for a peer review.
- Address the comments and improvements you get from the peer review.
@CartoDB/dataservicesin the PR to get it merged into
In order for a pull request to be accepted, the following criteria should be met:
- The peer review should pass and no major issue should be left unaddressed.
- CI tests must pass (travis will take care of that).
For a detailed description of the development process please see the CONTRIBUTING.md guide.
The tests (both for SQL and Python) are executed by running, from the top directory:
sudo make install make test
The release process is described in the RELEASE.md guide and is the responsibility of the designated release manager.