- Medha is working on the 2020 roadmap & hiring plan
- Validator sale documentation is in flight, ready by 9/12
- Node testing sessions start on Thursday.
- dApp developer outreach program development has started
- Team is in sprint 19
- Node 0.7 released!
- DevNet will be updated with the new software today
DevNet has been released that Includes the following:
A publicly available network supporting the following features:
- Assumes all honest validators
- Validator bonding / unbonding
- Faucet for deployments and bonding requests
- Mint & Token Contract
- Secure deployments, with payment code and session code
- Smart block gossiping
- Gas processed metrics
- Genesis process
- Secure Enclave compatibility
- Support for GraphQL
- Structured Logging
- Plan completed for the next major milestone, alpha TestNet, which will have these properties:
- Economic security
- Contract Registry
- Complete protocol with liveness proof is complete and being prepared for publishing.
- Implementation of new protocol is underway.
- Looking for a name for the protocol - internal name is 'Highway'
- Working on specifications for protocol upgrades
- Investigating performance, looking for bottlenecks.
- Deploy buffers now use RDBMS, very little adverse impact to performance. The long running tests are failing with this feature, had to pull from the release. Investigating.
- Fixed the Mac build, tarball works again.
Test and SRE
- Implementing alerts for monitoring of DevNet
- Medha will start node testing sessions this week. Thursday mornings at 9 am PDT.
- Production engineering plan - how robust is the network, testing it as such.
- Placing website repo under CI, for speed for the marketing team.
- Clarity block explorer rebrand complete. UX uplift is planned.
- Technical documentation on Github Wiki! https://github.com/CasperLabs/CasperLabs/wiki
- Preparing for first Hackathon in San Francisco at Blockchain Week.
Team & Company Update
- Bernd Lapp joins as country manager & Evangelist in Europe
- Swiss entity in Zug opened last week.
- Team is in Asia - Come see us!
- Hiring for WebDeveloper and Rust developers for dApp development.
- Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org