@RealTrumpTalk on Twitter!Follow
Using markov-chains to parse tweets by @realDonaldTrump and create tweets using what he says. It will post a new tweet every 30 minutes, which has a 40% chance of mentioning a user, and a 75% chance of including a hashtag. Every 12 hours, the database of tweets will be refreshed and re-parsed to stay up to date.
- Clone the repository, or in some way get the code.
- Create a Twitter account to use for the script.
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com and create a new app. Fill in the information and find your consumer key and secret.
- Generate your access key and access secret below.
- Open up your favorite editor and make a new file called
credentials.pyand copy in the variables below.
consumer_key = "Your_key" consumer_secret = "Your_secret" access_key = "Token_key" access_secret = "Token_secret"
Replace the values within the quotes with the appropriate values you just got from your Twitter app.
6. (Optional) If you want to use a different account than @realDonaldTrump, you just need to go into
main.py and change all instances of
realDonaldTrump to whatever username you would like to use.
In terminal, run
Depending on how your system is configured, you may need to run it as root with
sudo python main.py, which will prompt you for your password.
If you find a bug, know a better way of doing something, or want to add a feature, please feel free to open a pull request and I will take a look.