Create a new Hugo site and inside the site folder run either of the following set of commands:
$ git submodule add https://github.com/CasualGaming/fifty themes/fifty
$ git clone https://github.com/CasualGaming/fifty themes/fifty
To learn how to create a Hugo Site read the official guide of Hugo.
BaseURL frontmatter in the
Using the theme
After cloning Fifty or adding it as a submodule, there are a few other things you should do:
There is an
exampleSite folder for this theme containing a
config.toml, use it as a starting point.
You can change the background by replacing the banner.jpg file with your own image in the folder forty/static/img. The image must be in jpg format and the filename must be called banner.jpg otherwise it will not work.
To create a new blog post, you can take advantage of archetypes and use the Hugo command:
$ cd hugoProjectDirectory $ hugo new blogs/myBlog.md
myBlog.md with your own file name. You can also just copy the markdown files from forty/exampleSite/content/blogs
Changes in chronological order, starting from when it was forked from MarcusVirg/forty@ad1b71f:
- Update README and theme.toml.
- Update example site config.
- Remove Netlify config from example site.
- Move demo images and stuff from theme to example site.
- Make front page tile widths less variable.
- Change front page tile colors (hardcoded at this point).
- Replace front page title and button with centered logo.
- Add tile option for containing the background image within the tile.
- Make last tile full width if odd number of tiles.
- Remove contant form and Disqus.
- Generalize footer line format.
- Upgrade FontAwesome from 4 to 5
- Add sponsor section on front page
Find a bug or want a new feature? Use the issue tracker or submit a pull request.
This theme is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0. For more information read the License.