Linux base creation tools for single board computers.
You can download pre-built base images from my blog at https://baldnerd.com/sbc-build-base/
Before proceeding, the following must be achieved:
- A Debian distro is imaged and booted. All updates / upgrades have been applied, and system is running well.
- Date and time are set (best to run locale first).
Now, use these scripts:
- prep - Prepare the system before building. Will force a reboot.
- locale - Set the timezone and locale. BaldNerd default is America/Toronto, en_US UTF-8.
- base - Install a very simple base set of tools (this is only a base OS, developers can add what they really need, but I'll install what I think is crucial out of the box).
- user - Create the default user (baldnerd) and remove any existing user.
- hostname - Set the hostname to debian.
- Reboot at this point, and when reconnecting, login as baldnerd/baldnerd, then use sudo su to become root.
- rc - Configure and then open rc.local for first-boot (do not reboot after this)
- cleanup - The final removal of logs, creation of the MOTD, and fill all empty space of disk with zeros before halting for image.