With impending budget cuts to government support agencies, I want to find a way to help those in need.
- PG Promise
- Body Parser
- Method Override
- Guidestar API
# Clone this repository git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ccheng26/samaritan-server.git # Go into the repository cd samaritan-server # Install dependencies npm install # Run the app node server
The Approach Taken:
- Considered user story, compiled a list of APIs and sorted through information
- Basic React setup
- Established ERDs, then wireframed, more wireframing here
- Began working on Express
- Spent a lot of time figuring out how to make Express work with React
- Had webpack break a bunch of things, then seperated server file
- More debugging, redrew ERD
- Spent a lot more time than I should've figuring out how to render data only through the backend
- Ended up with only a Node App
Unsolved Problems/Major Hurdles
Approaching Back and Front End compilation was a major time drainer. See To Do List.
- Implement a volunteering API
- Connect this application to React.js
- Debug the table errors
Special Thanks to the Developers at Guidestar, the Stack Overflow community.