kernel plugin that automatically mounts/redirects any storage device on any mount points you want
- CelesteBlue for the rewriting, fixes, tests (I spent about 40 hours on this project)
- gamesd by motoharu / xyz
- usbmc by yifanlu / TheFloW
- VitaShell kernel plugin by TheFloW
What is that ?
StorageMgrKernel is a kernel plugin that automatically mounts/redirects any storage device on any mount points you want.
What are its advantages ?
- It is configurable through a config file (an app could be made)
- It is a ALL-IN-ONE Storage driver as it replaces usbmc.skprx and gamesd.skprx
- It fixes many issues in previous drivers
- Fixed sporadic wakeups when using SD2VITA thanks to xyz
- It works with taiHEN under henkaku, h-encore or enso
- When SD2VITA is removed or not working and configured to be redirected to ux0, memcard/internal is by default mounted to ux0
- Compatible with 3.60, 3.65, 3.67 and 3.68
What to improve then ?
- Add 3.65-3.67-3.68 support: DONE thanks to TheFloW but maybe it would be better to autoresolve imports by .yml than by get_module_export function or in future create a tool to batch resolve
- Add more mount points: sd0 for example and adjust missing mount points for some devices
- Add more exports (currently only ux0/uma0)
- Include in VitaShell once exports are ready
- Create a user app for installation + configuration (+ real time mounting if VitaShell has not all mount points)
- Create a user library
- Detect a key that being pressed would load an alternative config
- Add multi-configs support
- Create a taihen-free version for @SKGleba and other "early boot testers"
NOTE: for using USB mass on h-encore, you have to boot PSTV, plug out USB mass, plug in USB mass then launch h-encore.
NOTE: For mounting a device as ux0:, this device must have already been mounted as ux0: using VitaShell at least once to have necessary files on it.
- If it exists, remove gamesd.skprx and usbmc.skprx or any other storage plugin
- Copy storage_config.txt to ur0:tai/.
- Copy storagemgr.skprx to ur0:tai/.
- If it exists, copy ux0:tai/config.txt to ur0:tai/config.txt
- If it exists, remove ux0:tai/config.txt.
- In ur0:tai/config.txt after *KERNEL create a new line and write: ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
- Configure ur0:tai/storage_config.txt to what you want.
- Reboot PSVita.
How to configure StorageMgr ?
On each line you have to write following this structure : =<mount_point>
The available devices are :
- MCD : official SONY memory card
- INT : internal memory 1GB (on all PSVita SLIM and PSTV)
- GCD : microSD inserted into SD2VITA (also called gamecard2sd)
- UMA : USB mass (for PSTV) OR microSD inserted into PSVSD (for PSVita 3G)
The available mount points are :
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.