This tool was created, as the original project by Russell has disappeared from the surface of the Internet.
IWADverifier is a small Command Line Interface tool written in Golang. It is used to quickly check if a DOOM-Engine based IWAD is valid or not.
iwadverifier <wad.wad[ wad2.wad ...]>
./IWADverifier <wad.wad[ wad2.wad ...]>
IWADverifier currently supports these features :
IWADverifier can identify these IWADs:
- DOOM v1.0 up to 1.9
- DOOM II v1.666 up to 1.9
- Final DOOM (Plutonia & TNT)
- Master levels of DooM II
- Heretic v1.0 up to 1.3
- Hexen v1.0 & v1.1 (+ Dark Citadel's Addon)
- Strife v1.0 up to 1.31 (+ Veteran Edition)
- HacX v1.0 up to 1.2
- Chex Quest 1
- Chex Quest 3 v1.0 & 1.4
- DOOM 3 XBOX
- DOOM/DOOM2 XBLA
- DOOM 3 BFG (+ NERVE.WAD)
- FreeDOOM v0.8 up to 0.11.3
- And many many more !
Latest version detection
IWADverifier looks up if your IWAD is the latest version or not. If it's not, a message tells you what to do to get the latest version of your file !
Drag & Drop (Windows only)
To make it easier for everyone, you can directly drag your IWAD files to IWADverifier !
Because having a white-only text in a commandline application is boring, IWADVerifier uses ANSI to color messages. It works perfectly on Windows, Linux and technically on every system !
Pre-Requisites for compilation
- Golang 1.10 or newer (previous versions weren't tested)
colorfrom user Fatih (
go get github.com/fatih/color)
go-ansifrom user k0kubun (
go get github.com/k0kubun/go-ansi)
Then, inside the project folder, write
go build, and that should be it.
- Open the WAD to check if it's a IWAD or PWAD before doing the checks.
- Add support for NERVE.WAD, and the Hexen Addon.
- Add support for HacX and Chex Quest.
- Add support for Master levels for Doom II.
- Add support for GZDoom .pk3 IWADs (Action DooM / AD2:UB / Adventures of Square / W:BoA / Harmony / Blasphemer / ...)
- Probably a few code optimizations here and there.
- Color support for better readability.
Huge thanks to
- Mike Swanson (Chungy) for adding several IWADs to the list !
This program is licenced under GPLv3.