A Zikula Application Framework Module Providing a Web-based way to translate Zikula-modules.
- Searching for new Strings to translate
- Importing existing translation strings out of the .pot file of your Project
- Importing existing translations out of the .po file of your Project
- Translate multiple languages in on step
- Export Translationstrings into a .pot file
- Export (.po) and Compile (.mo) Translations
- An active installation of the Zikula Application Framework with version ≥ 1.3.5 running on PHP5
- A Zikula Module to translate.
Go into the module path of your Zikula installation
Run following command to get the module
git clone https://github.com/ChDeinert/Translator.git Translator
Initialize the LDAPAuth module in the Zikula Adminstration area
- Download the module here and extract the contents into a folder called Translator
- Copy or move the folder into the module path of your Zikula installation directory
- Initialize the Translator module in the Zikula Administration area
Any function of the Translator module can be found in the Zikula Administration area.
1. Setting languages to translate
To choose the language you want to translate into, you have to go into the translation language configuration. Here you check the language you want and save this settings.
2. Setting the modules to translate
To choose the module you want to create the translations for, you have to go into the translation module configuration. Here you check the module you want and save the settings.
3. Add strings to translate
In Translator there are different ways to add the strings you want to translate.
- You can import existing translations from a pot-file. This will add only the strings to translate.
- You can import existing translations from a po-file. This will add the strings to translate and the existing translation for the language the file is belonging to.
- You can search the configured modules for new strings to translate. This will add the strings to translate.
4. Create translations
You can create or change translations under 'edit available translations'. Here you can add and/or change existing translations by writing them into the textfields.
Don't forget to save the translations, before you change view settings or go to another page.
5. Export translations
When you created your translations, you have different options to export.
- You can export your strings to translate into a pot-file. It will be created in the modules 'locale' path and you can use it as catalogue in gettext editors like Poedit.
- You can export your translations into a po-file that contains the conplete translations. This will be automatically compiled for gettext usage.
After you exported the po-file and got succesfully compiled Zikula will immediately recognize it and use the translations.
Translator is open-source Software licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) 3.0