Chain Agnostic Improvement Proposals (CAIPs) describe standards for blockchain projects that are not specific to a single chain.
- Review CAIP-1.
- Fork the repository.
- Add your CAIP to your fork of the repository. There is a template CAIP here.
- Submit a Pull Request to Chain Agnostics's CAIPs repository.
Your first PR should be a first draft of the final CAIP. An editor will manually review the first PR for a new CAIP and assign it a number before merging it. Make sure you include a
discussions-to header with the URL to a discussion forum or open GitHub issue where people can discuss the CAIP as a whole.
If your CAIP requires images, the image files should be included in a subdirectory of the
assets folder for that CAIP as follows:
assets/caip-N (where N is to be replaced with the CAIP number). When linking to an image in the CAIP, use relative links such as
CAIP Status Terms
- Draft - an CAIP that is undergoing rapid iteration and changes.
- Last Call - an CAIP that is done with its initial iteration and ready for review by a wide audience.
- Accepted - a core CAIP that has been in Last Call for at least 2 weeks and any technical changes that were requested have been addressed by the author.
- CAIP-1 - CAIP Purpose and Guidelines
- CAIP-2 - Blockchain ID Specification
- CAIP-3 - Blockchain Reference for the EIP155 Namespace
- CAIP-4 - Blockchain Reference for the BIP122 Namespace
- CAIP-5 - Blockchain Reference for the Cosmos Namespace
- CAIP-6 - Blockchain Reference for the LIP9 Namespace
- CAIP-10 - Account ID Specification
- CAIP-13 - Blockchain Reference for the Polkadot Namespace