Hidden Star is a work-in-progress 2D sci-fi exploration/trading/combat game, initially created for LOWREZJAM 2016.
Hidden Star is licenced under GPLv3, with sources available on GitHub. For more details, see the LICENSE file.
Navigate the known galaxy by clicking on adjacent stars to travel to them. All travel nodes are currently revealed. In-travel gameplay is currently unavailable (travel is instantaneous).
Select dialogue options to avoid or initiate combat. Faction disposition will shift slightly based on comms outcomes. Info and trade options are currently unavailable.
Queue up two actions during a timed turn in order to avoid enemy fire while dealing damage. Only one enemy movement/firing pattern is currently available.
Below are a summary of notable changes for releases. More detailed commit history can be found on GitHub.
2017-03-29 Build (fa4b3a9)
- Added event scheduling system
- Added audio handler
- Added music handler
- Added placeholder UI sounds
- Added placeholder music tracks
- Added trade submenu to comms screen
- Added buy trade screen
- Added sell trade screen
- Added salvage screen
- Fixed bug with polar cap 0 not being used
2016-05-14 Build (fae01e4)
- Comms screens now use dynamic planets
- Skipping NPC is now two-stage (once to complete text, again to skip entirely)
- NPC text is now visually translated from faction's native charset
- NPCs now have faction and disposition specific dialogue
- Starmap is now pannable
- Replaced random placeholder starmap with per-faction tree based generation
- Fixed non-64x64px starmap node connection lines
- Stars now have generated star names
- Added screenshot support (F12)
- Combat mode uses global GUI functions
- Factions now have placeholder disposition functionality
2016-04-18 End-of-jam Build (6909f87)
- Placeholder main menu
- Placeholder comms screen
- Placeholder starmap screen
- Early combat implementation