Three Applescripts to help send OmniFocus tasks to Reminders app
- of2reminders - Send OmniFocus task to Reminders by selection (supports multiple selections)
- of2reminders-batch - Send OmniFocus task to Reminders in batch.
- of2reminders-sync - Sync task completion status when task is completed in Reminders App
I like to keep my errand tasks in OmniFocus, but I also want the convenience of shared family shopping lists via Reminders.
of2reminders and of2reminders-batch can be configured as such:
- If you want to keep the OmniFocus task active after sending it to Reminders, set cleanUp to "link"
- If you want to complete the OmniFocus task after sending it to Reminders app, set cleanUp to "complete"
- Default is "link"
- If you want to send the OmniFocus task to one of multiple Reminders lists, set listMode to "multi"
- If you want to send the OmniFocus task to a single Reminders list, set listMode to "single"
- Default is "multi"
A list of whichever OmniFocus context names you want to send to Reminders in Batch. NB: The context names must match the names of the Reminders lists.
The name of your default Reminders List
- Used by listMode multi if the OmniFocus task does not have a context
- Is the list all tasks are sent to if listMode is single.
When using of2reminders-Batch:
- In order to send tasks to multiple Reminders lists, the names of the Reminders lists MUST MATCH the OmniFocus context name.
- To use of2reminders-sync script, the notes added to both the OmniFocus and Reminders tasks MUST exist.
You can run the script in the background by either creating a launchd item or by using Keyboard Maestro.