1.1.3 Chia Blockchain 2021-05-01
- Significant speed improvements have been added to the Node during P2P operations. This is mostly a performance improvement to make sure there is plenty of overhead in Node for transaction processing. Smaller machines like the Pi 4 are strongly advised to update to this release before Monday 5/3/21 at 10AM PDT when transactions start.
- Significant syncing speed improvements have been added. However, there is a lot of low hanging fruit to continue to increase overall chain sync speed in subsequent releases.
- We now require node 12.x to build the GUI. Installers have been building using node 12.x for quite some time.
- We changed chialisp singletons to take a puzzlehash as its origin. We also updated the DID wallet to use this.
- Transactions are now cached for 10 minutes in mempool to retry if there is a failure of a spending attempt.
- Thank you to @Chida82 who made the log rotation count fully configurable. Apologies to him for not initially being included here.
- Thank you to @fiveangle for making install.sh more resilient across python installations.
- Standard transactions now all have announcements.
- VDF verification during sync and normal operations are now cached to enhance node performance.
- Target peer count has been increased from 60 to 80 to increase the number of peer Nodes available to connect to. Outbound connections were lowered from 10 to 8.
- The streamables class has had significant performance improvements.
- If a proof of space lookup takes longer than 5 seconds we will now log an error at WARNING level.
- Allow configuration of the plot loading interval (default is 2 minutes) in config.yaml.
- CLI wallet UI was improved and shows syncing status of wallet.
- @martomi added logging of added coins back.
- Thank you to @aisk for additional type checking.
- @aisk added error checking in bech32m
- Chialisp programs now remained serialized in Node for better performance.
- Mempool is now set to be 50 times the single block size.
- Mitigate 1-3 mojo dust attacks.
- CLI now switches to EiB for netspace display as appropriate.
- We fixed excess memory use when displaying plot logs in GUI. This was causing the GUI application to fail in many "fun" ways after plotting a lot of plots in parallel.
- Fixed plot update issues in the GUI.
- Long syncing will now correctly show "Syncing" around the application.
- Nonce collisions in request IDs is fixed.
- Some duplicate plots were not being caught and logged by harvester on loading.
- We have removed many places where Node was making duplicate requests of other nodes.
- Daemon now waits for services to end to attempt to avoid zombie processes.
- Node is less likely to lose sync due to state inconsistency.
- A large thank you to @sargonas for diagnosing why so many technical support questions were flooding GitHub issues, PRing a fix, and mass migrating issues to Discussions.
- Thanks to @jeolcho for fixing a bug in full_node_rpc_api.py.
- Thanks @antoniobg for a typo fix in keychain.py.
- Thanks to @altendky for catching a Copyright date error.