Clone this wiki locally
PyRunner is a game developed with the Python programming language and the PyGame framework.
Leader Name + GitHub ID
Kyle Graves (kgraves)
- Python (2.7.1+)
- PyGame (1.9.1)
- Check your version of python:
- 'python --version'
- OR you can check it in Synaptic (if you have it) by searching 'python', it should be the first result.
- If your python version is lower than 2.7.1 then you will want to update it:
- 'sudo apt-get install python2.7'
- If you don't already have PyGame installed, you'll need to install that also. There are two methods of installing PyGame:
- Use Synaptic Package Manager (Recomended). Just search 'pygame' and install the only pygame result.
- You can also go to www.pygame.org/download.shtml and download the correct version for your OS, and follow the instructions there for installation.
- Navigate to the directory where you want the repo to be located.
- Download the PyRunner Repo: 'git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ChicoTeam/PyRunner.git'
- Run PyRunner to make sure the installs were successful:
- cd PyRunner
- python pyRunner.py
- If you get a menu screen, then it works!
- If you get an error, contact one the group members for some help!
- Now find some bugs or things you want to add/improve in the game, and log them.
- The README file is a pretty good introduction to this game, and explains controls, objectives, power-ups, etc.