Github High Scores is a fun way to rank Github repository contributors in a 8-bit, 80's-tastic viewing environment.
git clone git://github.com/leereilly/github-high-scores.git cd github-high-scores ruby app.rb
You'll need to set environment variables on your box. Locally, you can set them in your .bash_profile...
export db_user=some_username export db_pass=some_password export db_host=some_host export db_data=some_database
On Heroku, you can do something like this...
heroku config:add db_user=XXX db_pass=XXX db_host=XXX db_data=XXX
Fork + pull.
- Running with Ruby, Sinatra, Heroku
- Powered by the Github API
- Written by Lee Reilly
- Octocat logo used with permission
- Inspiration from http://twistedmatrix.com/highscores/
- Jonas Obrist a.k.a. ojii for pointing out than anonymous users were being ignored
- Chris Lee a.k.a. cleercode for corrocting my speeling
- Jesse Andrews a.k.a. anotherjesse for some UI cleanup
Known Issues / Bugs / Limitations
- The GitHub API only allows 60 requests per minute per IP address.
- The site looks like some sort of 80s-tastic arcade theme.