This demo contains the LED bar gauge control for iOS. It has been tested on iOS 6.x and 7.x on iTouch, iPhone, and iPad devices.
If you find this control of use (or find bugs), I'd love to hear from you! Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or dissenting opinions.
This control is intended to replicate/simulate the level indicator on an audio mixing board. These indicators are usually segmented/stacked LEDs, with several colors to indicate thresholds. This control replicates that look, using Quartz drawing primitives, and auto-adjusts to horizontal or vertical orientation. Additionally, the colors, number of bars, peak hold, and other items are easily customized.
Adding this control to your XCode project is straightforward :
- Add the F3BarGauge.h and F3BarGauge.m files to your project
- Add a new blank subview to the nib, sized and positioned to match what the bar gauge should look like.
- In the properties inspector for this subview, change the class to "F3BarGauge"
- Add an outlet to represent the bar gauge
- Update your code to set the value property as appropriate.
For more information have a look at the demo code, which has multiple examples including a version that customizes the with an LCD-style appearance.
Copyright (c) 2011-2014 by Brad Benson All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.