Create an examples gallery with sphinx from Jupyter Notebooks
This module is not maintained. Please use nbsphinx instead!
Welcome! Similarly to Oscar Najeras sphinx-gallery module, this module intends to create an example gallery for your documentation. However, we don't use python scripts, instead we create the example gallery out of a bunch of jupyter notebooks using nbconvert.
This package can be used to
- Put all the examples you prepared in different notebooks in an pictured gallery
- use the same html (sphinx) scheme for your examples that you are using for your documentation
- Include the example notebooks in an offline (pdf) documentation
- Include not only the code, but also the link to required supplementary files
- Include a link to the Jupyter nbviewer
Simply install it via
$ pip install sphinx-nbexamples
Or you install it via:
$ python setup.py install
from the source on GitHub.
The package requires
- Sphinx>=1.3: The python library for generating automated documentation
- jupyter: The jupyter framework for jupyter notebooks. sphinx-nbexamples
explicitly depends on
- nbconvert: For converting jupyter notebooks to RST
- jupyter_client: For managing the kernels
- ipykernel: For installing an ipython kernel and run the notebooks