- Extended showdown to support a series of Markdown extensions:
- Link urls that start with ! are opened in a new window
- Text wrapped with double carets is made superscript (ex:
^^this text is superscripted^^)
- Text wrapped with double commas is made subscript (ex:
,,this text is subscripted,,)
- Text wrapped with double tildes is made strikethrough (ex:
~~this text is struck~~)
- (c), (r), (tm), -- and ... are converted into their respective html entities.
- Lines prefixed with "->" are right aligned. Lines also postfixed with "<-" are center aligned.
- Several ascii characters that may produce encoding issues (such as curled quotes) are converted into entities
- Removed top level frame pollution, forcing WMD to run only in its own document.
- Removed the automatic conversion from Markdown to HTML when the form is submitted.
- Removed the automatic addition of http:// to image urls, preventing the entry of relative addresses.
- Numerous bug fixes to both WMD and Showdown
WMD Editor is licensed under MIT License.