A bot made for the CSS Discord server.
Installation and Usage
This project is cross-platform, however Visual Studio 2017 is recommended, so you may want to stick to Windows for this. JetBrains rider (available for free for students) is a good option for Linux development.
- Install the .NET Core SDK.
- Add the Discord.Net Package source to the NuGet package manager.
- Clone this repository. You can do this in a command line shell, or using the built-in GUI that's part of VS.
- Update your NuGet packages. The project should build now.
- Optional, only for testing. Create a bot. This will be your testing bot.
- Navigate to the Discord API Docs and log in: https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me
- Click on the "New App" button.
- Name your app. Click "Create App".
- Click "Create a Bot User". This is the type of bot that CSSBot is.
- Create a file
debugBotConfig.xmlunder any directory you want.
- Copy the contents of
Test Config.xmlinto your new file. Insert your bot's user token into the
- Set the startup parameters of your project to point to your configuration file. The command line arguments should read: