Samples and resources for Scirra's Construct 2, available at https://www.scirra.com/construct2
Intro with screenshots from each template - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cbowen/archive/2013/04/21/game-development-with-construct-2-templates-for-windows-8.aspx
Game Templates for Windows 8
These templates, enhanced to support Windows Store & Windows 8 features, are based on the default templates included with Construct 2 and are posted here with permission from Scirra. The original templates can be found in Construct 2 via the New Project dialog or in the Construct/templates/ directory.
To support publishing to the Windows Store, each template minimally features the following:
- Windows 8 object. Test mode and about/settings/privacy are set to off.
- Pause layer
- Windows 8 snapped view support that shows the Pause layer and pauses the game
- Touch object and touch input support (Note: some already had this)
- Adjusted project properties
For a guide to publishing Construct-based games to the Windows Store, see "How to make a Windows 8 app".
Provided as samples to demonstrate Windows 8 support, here are templates:
- Auto-Runner Win8.capx - Side-scroller with player constantly running, having to jump between platforms.
- Driving Game Win8.capx - Top-down driving around a track with bordering objects.
- Infinite Jumping Win8.capx - Vertical game where player automatically jumps and must reach new platforms.
- Physics Catapult Win8.capx - Fire catapult at structures with physics behaviors for impact/gravity.
- Physics Puzzle Win8.capx - Click/touch objects to remove to clear puzzle.
- Platformer Win8.capx - Jump between a variety of platforms (static, moving, one-way).
- Top-Down Shooter Win8.capx - Top-down view, move player and fire at targets.
- Turret Defense Win8.capx - Add turrets to maze to fire on targets as they pathfind to their goal.
- Vertical Shooter.capx - Vertically-scrolling game player and targets both moving and firing.