A spike of a metronome app that just provides the most essential features.
- Precise timing, e.g. the gap between two beats is a constant time without any variances due to operating system latencies.
- Distraction free user interface, e.g. without moving or blinking user interface controls.
- Support for portrait and landscape modes as well as handset and tablet devices.
- Straightforward usage. The features should be as simple to use as possible. Start/Stop should be available even in case the device is placed at some distance.
- Support for tapping in the tempo (by touching the tempo display multiple times).
- Familiar timbre (of course, de gustibus non est disputandum :) .
Besides the Android components, Classical Metronome uses code from the following sources: