Snapraid Runner Script
This script runs snapraid and sends its output to the console, a log file and via email. All this is configurable.
It can be run manually, but its main purpose is to be run via cronjob/windows scheduler.
It supports Windows, Linux and macOS and runs on both python2 and python3.
How to use
- If you don’t already have it, download and install the latest python version.
- Download the latest release of this script and extract it anywhere or clone this repository via git.
- Copy/rename the
snapraid-runner.confand edit its contents. You need to at least configure
- Run the script via
python3 snapraid-runner.pyon Linux or
py -3 snapraid-runner.pyon Windows.
syncto see how many files were deleted and aborts if that number exceeds a set threshold.
- Can create a size-limited rotated logfile.
- Can send notification emails after each run or only for failures.
- Can run
v0.4 (17 Aug 2019)
- Add compatibility with python3 (by reed-jones)
- Add support for running
snapraid touch(by ShoGinn, PR-11)
- Add SMTP TLS support
v0.3 (20 Jul 2017)
- Limit size of sent emails
v0.2 (27 Apr 2015)
- Fix compatibility with Snapraid 8.0
- Allow disabling of scrub from command line
v0.1 (16 Feb 2014)
- Initial release