Pychronia is a portal for "alternate reality games", allowing small/medium groups of players to live great adventures together, thanks to all the communication channels and gameplays that it offers.
- shiny and responsive-design html/css theme (Metal radiance)
- internationalized interface (English and French only for now)
- ingame user accounts, with permissions management
- chatroom, text messaging, webradio, web encyclopedia
- rich text including sounds, images and videos
- ownership of money and 2D/3D artefacts
- special abilities (spying, mercenaries, data analysis...)
- internal CMS system, allowing to create multimedia content, characters, radio spots (with Acapela text-to-speech)
- bots with artificial intelligence (AIML)
- special abilities for game masters and game observers (impersonation of users, ingame hints, full control of game data)
Technically, Pychronia is a bundle of Django framework applications, using Zodb for game data persistence. It also contains a Django-CMS application with a blog, meant to present games created with this engine.
See the "docs/" folder for more information on installing, contributing, licenses, etc.