CircleCI Demo Application: Python / Django
This is an example application showcasing how to build test and deploy a Django app on CircleCI 2.0.
You can follow along with this project by reading the documentation.
Features of the demo
- regularly updated to use latest Python and Django (currently Python 3.6.4 and Django 2.0.1)
- uses pipenv to install and manage dependencies and virtualenvs on CircleCI
- shows usage of caching on CircleCI 2.0 to speed up builds. Makes use of Ppipfile.lock to invalidate cache if dependencies change
- runs tests against a PostgreSQL database
- store and upload test result in Junit XML format with unittest-xml-reporting to enable Test Summary and Insights on CircleCI
About the app: django_local_library
Tutorial "Local Library" website written in Django. This is based on the excellent MDN Django tutorial..
This web application creates an online catalog for a small local library, where users can browse available books and manage their accounts.
The main features that have currently been implemented are:
- There are models for books, book copies, genre, language and authors.
- Users can view list and detail information for books and authors.
- Admin users can create and manage models. The admin has been optimised (the basic registration is present in admin.py, but commented out).
- Librarians can renew reserved books
Documentation (guides, references, and associated images) is licensed as Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike CC BY-NC-SA. The full license can be found here, and the human-readable summary here.
Everything in this repository not covered above is licensed under the included CC0 license.