Cisco Finesse - Webex Teams Team Announcements Sample Gadget
The Webex Teams team announcements sample gadget demonstrates how to use the messaging capability of Cisco Webex Teams and the power of Finesse gadgets to make team communication easier and effective. This gadget leverages the Cisco Webex Teams API’s to easily post News, Notifications and Announcements to other team members (Agents / Supervisors) right from your Finesse Agent / Supervisor desktop. There is step-by-step instructions on how to add this gadget in your Finesse desktop.
This sample gadget contains the following files:
WebexTeamsTeamAnnouncements/ bootstrap/ images/ Alert-ToggleOff-02.png Alert-ToggleOn-02.png Alert-ToggleOn.png oauth.html WebexTeamsTeamAnnouncements.css WebexTeamsTeamAnnouncements.js WebexTeamsTeamAnnouncements.xml WebexTeamsTeamAnnouncementSampleGadget.pdf
Download the version of the sample gadget that matches the Finesse version. Starting Finesse 11.0(1), sample gadgets will be forward compatible until compatibility is broken. At that time, a new version of the sample gadget will be published with the starting Finesse version number in the filename.
- Have Finesse system installed and configured.
- Verify that you can login an agent into Finesse.
- Ensure that you can have a Cisco Webex Teams account and can login.
- Read the document WebexTeamsTeamAnnouncementSampleGadget.pdf for an overview about this sample gadget as well as step-by-step instructions on how to deploy the gadget.
Finesse REST API
Documentation for the Finesse REST API can be found in the Finesse Developer Guide.
- You can access JQuery at the following URL (starting Finesse 10.6(1)): http(s)://<FQDN>:<port>/desktop/assets/js/jquery.min.js.
If you have third-party gadgets, the third-party gadgets can access JQuery at: /desktop/assets/js/jquery.min.js.
Cisco Webex Teams API
Documentation for the Cisco Webex Teams API can be found at Cisco Webex for Developers.
This gadget is only a sample and is NOT guaranteed to be bug free and production quality.
The sample gadgets are meant to:
- Provided as a guide for a developer to see how to initialize a gadget and set up handlers for user and dialog updates.