API documentation template for Jekyll. Browse through a live demo. Start documenting your API with this configurable theme.
Aviator was made by CloudCannon, the Cloud CMS for Jekyll.
Find more templates, themes and step-by-step Jekyll tutorials at CloudCannon Academy.
- Three column layout
- Fully responsive
- Full text search
- Pre-styled components
- Auto-generated navigation based on category
- Optimised for editing in CloudCannon
- SEO tags
- Google Analytics
- Add your site and author details in
- Get a workflow going to see your site's output (with CloudCannon or Jekyll locally).
Aviator was built with Jekyll version 3.7.2, but should support newer versions as well.
Install the dependencies with Bundler:
$ bundle install
jekyll commands through Bundler to ensure you're using the right versions:
$ bundle exec jekyll serve
Aviator is already optimised for adding, updating and removing documentation pages in CloudCannon.
- Each section is a different collection, this helps organise your content.
- Set the order of the collections with the position field in collection configuration in
- Set the order of the documents inside a collection by setting the position in front matter.
excluded_in_search: trueto any documentation page's front matter to exclude that page in the search results.