Microsoft Teams Private Notifications for Windows 10
A Python script that creates a toast message when a new message pops-up in Microsoft Teams. It hides the message preview to prevent others from reading messages on the screen during meetings:
Download the main-standalone.py script. Make sure you have Python 3.7 or newer installed on your system.
Install the win10toast Python Library from jithurjacob (see his Github)
pip install pypiwin32 pip install win10toast
Create a scheduled task in Windows 10 that uses an "At log on" trigger for your user account. Use the following action:
- Action: Start a program
- Program/script: pythonw
- Add arguments: .\main-standalone.py
- Start in: The location of the script on your local disk. Make sure your user account has access to it.
Run the Task Scheduler task and ask someone to send you a message or have a chat with the Teams Bot.
Windows 10 with Python 3.7 or newer installed
Requirements to run the script
- Adjust the script to run as a Windows Service. Currently the script needs to run under user context for the Toast Messages to work. That's why it needs to be triggered from a Scheduled Task.
- The script is a bit 'quick and dirty' as it gathers the status from the log file. It would be nice to integrate with the Teams Client SDK.
- win10toast Python Library from jithurjacob (see his GitHub project)