cnc-ddraw can fix compatibility issues in older games, such as black screen, bad performance, crashes or defective Alt+Tab.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Wine
- GDI / OpenGL / Direct3D 9 renderer (With automatic renderer selection)
- Upscaling via glsl shaders - https://imgur.com/a/kxsM1oY | https://imgur.com/a/wjrhpFV
- Windowed Mode / Fullscreen Exclusive Mode / Borderless Mode
- Alt+Enter support to switch quickly between Fullscreen and Windowed mode
- Automatically saves and restores window position/size/state
- FPS Limiter
- Optional mouse sensitivity scaling
- Preliminary libretro shader support - https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders
- Download cnc-ddraw.zip and extract it into your game folder
- Start the game
Note: If you use cnc-ddraw with a game that got its own windowed mode built in then make sure you disable the games own windowed mode first.
If you want to play in windowed mode then start the game once in fullscreen and then press Alt+Enter to enable the cnc-ddraw windowed mode (Or modify ddraw.ini without using Alt+Enter).
If the game starts but it doesn't work perfectly then open ddraw.ini and search for Compatibility settings, one of the settings will usually fix the problem.
Compatibility setting examples:
If there are problems on Alt+Tab then try to set
noactivateapp=true- If it still doesn't work also try
If the game is running too fast then try to set
maxgameticks=60- If it's still too fast, try a lower value.
If windowed mode or upscaling are not working properly then try to set
If videos or other UI elements are invisible then try to set
If some parts of the screen are being displayed diagonally then try to set
If the game is stuttering on a Freesync/G-Sync monitor then try to set
If the game doesn't start at all or it's crashing, then please generate a debug log file and upload it.
- [Alt] + [Enter] = Switch between windowed and fullscreen mode
- [Ctrl] + [Tab] = Unlock cursor
- [Right Alt] + [Right Ctrl] = Unlock cursor
- Command & Conquer Gold
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
- Carmageddon 2
- Warcraft 2
- Diablo 2
- Age of Empires
- Age of Empires II
- Theme Hospital
- Populous: The Beginning
- Dungeon Keeper
- Dark Reign: The Future of War
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Atomic Bomberman
- Dune 2000
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- Red Baron 3D
- F-16 Multirole Fighter
- F-22 Raptor
There are a lot more games supported but I don't usually update the list, just give it a try and if it doesn't work then check the instructions above.