eSourcetrail is a plugin for Eclipse to synchronize the displayed content with Sourcetrail.
To add this plugin to your Eclipse installation, just add the updatesite of this plugin to Eclipse via via "Help" -> "Install New Software..."
To use the functionality of this plugin you need to have an open project in your workspace.
Sourcetrail to Eclipse Synchronization
- With a source file displayed in Sourcetrail's code view, right click a location in the code view and from the context menu choose "Set IDE Cursor"
- Now Eclipse should open the respective file and place the cursor at the position sent form Sourcetrail.
Eclipse to Sourcetrail Synchronization
- With a source file displayed in Eclipse, you can
- either right click a location in the code and from the context menu choose "eSourcetrail" -> "Send Location to Sourcetrail"
- or position your text cursor at a location in the code and press the configured shortcut (See section Preferences: Keyboard shortcuts below.
- Now Sourcetrail should open the respective file and place the cursor at the position sent form Eclipse.
In Eclipse you can find and change the Sourcetrail plugin settings at "Window" -> "Preferences".
In the category "Sourcetrail Preferences" you can change the ports that are used by Eclipse and Sourcetrail to communicate. Make sure that the same settings are applied to both, Eclipse and Sourcetrail.
In the category "General" -> "Keys" you can bind the keyboard shortcut for the action ActivateToken to configure the input that triggers Eclipse to send your current text cursor location to Sourcetrail.
$ mvn install
The first run will take quite a while since maven will download all the dependencies that are required to build everything.
You can add these plugins to your Eclipse installation by adding these update sites:
- m2e stable update site: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/
- m2eclipse-tycho dev update site: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/.m2e/connectors/m2eclipse-tycho/0.7.0/N/0.7.0.201309291400/
New Version number
mvn -Dtycho.mode=maven org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=<newVersion>