Cockatrice 2.8.0: Prismatic Bridge
Pre-compiled binaries we serve: - Windows 7/8/10 (32-bit) - Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit) - macOS 10.14 ("Mojave") - macOS 10.15 ("Catalina") - macOS 11.0 ("Big Sur") - Ubuntu 18.04 ("Bionic Beaver") - Ubuntu 20.04 ("Focal Fossa") - Ubuntu 20.10 ("Groovy Gorilla") - Debian 10 ("Buster") - Fedora 33 We are also packaged in Arch Linux's official community repository, courtesy of @FFY00 General linux support is available via a flatpak package (Flathub)
We're pleased to announce the newest official release: Cockatrice 2.8.0: Prismatic Bridge
We hope you enjoy the changes made and we have listed all changes, with their corresponding tickets, since the last version of Cockatrice was released for your convenience.
For any information relating to Cockatrice, please take a look at our official site: https://cockatrice.github.io
If you'd like to help contribute to Cockatrice in any way, check out our README. We're always available to answer questions you may have on how the program works and how you can provide a meaningful contribution.
With this release we no longer provide prebuilt binaries for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
If you are on this operating system you should consider installing an upgraded version.
If this is not an option for you, you are able to compile and create your own binaries following these steps
- Run the internal software updater: Help → Check for Client Updates
Don't forget to update your card database right after! (Help → Check for Card Updates...)
- Move "Games shown" text to top, to match user count list. (#4089)
- Improve and expand filtering on the games list in servers. (#4088, #4105, #4092, #4127) New!
- Add missing cardlink for the flip messages in the message log (#4122)
- Clarify name of selected card menu (#4132)
- Add face down to the message log if the card is face down (#4130)
- Allow setting of multiple background images on all zones (#4144)
- Allow DeckName/Comments to be resized and hidden in the editor (#4157)
- Visual improvements to multiple dialogs (#4149, #4153)
- Grey out inactive options in menus (#4136)
- Change the way game ages are shown in the server game list (#4095)
- Improve error messages (#4173)
- Add keyboard shortcut for "Save deck as..." (#4188)
- Display a system tray notification when a player joins your game (#4194)
- Correctly select the server last connected to as the default when connecting (#4206) Fixed!
Under the Hood
- Disallow deletion of directories by the remote deck manager, which could cause major data loss (#4165) Fixed!
- Fix crash related to a racetime condition with token cloning (#4156) Fixed!
- Fix Spoilers update message (#4116)
- Enable judges to talk in games (#4091)
- Free qprocess on oracle update fail (#4134)
- Remove annoying spectator log messages (#4138)
- Stop reordering hands from stopping undoing draws (#4152)
- Automatically try to correct names of cards when loading from plain text (#4131)
- Allow custom databases to be nested in directories (#4137)
- Stop tokens being destroyed from reordering the graveyard (#4216)
- Add ubuntu 20.10 Groovy Gorilla to target systems for prebuilt packages (#4178)
- Streamline build configuration in CMake (#4204)
- Switch to GitHub actions for CI and testing pull requests (#4164, #4175, #4183, #4193, #4200, #4197, #4225, #4226) New!
- Maintenance and refactoring (#4102, #4124, #4123, #4121, #4139, #4154, #4169, #4195, #4199)
- Improve documentation (#4125, #4126, #4142, #4141, #4038, #4177, #4189, #4179, #4202)
- Support MTGJSONv5 format in Oracle after deprecation of v4 (#4162, #4209) Resolved!
- Remove extra alternative card versions from main sets (#4097, #4107)
- Fix infinite loop when card.xml save fails (#4143)
- Capitalise the I in coloridentity (#4182)
- Add missing mysql connector dependencies to generated packages (#4160)
- Disabled strict mode for MySQL on the docker-compose file (#4214)
- Thanks for over 300 people contributing to 20+ different languages up to now!
- Without the help of the community we couldn't offer that great language support... keep up the good work!
- It's actually very easy to join and help for yourself - find out more here:
We continue to find it amazing that so many people contribute their time, knowledge, code, testing and more to the project. We'd like to thank the entire Cockatrice community for their efforts.
We'd like to especially recognize @ZeldaZach, @knitknit, @Fenrirthviti, @seavor, @tooomm and @ebbit1q for their help in preparing so many amazing new features for the user base.