Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- The resolver will now take supported platform deployment targets into account
when resolving dependencies.
Pods.xcodeprojwill now be written with deterministic UUIDs, vastly reducing
project churn and merge conflicts. This behavior can be disabled via the new
is now a default plugin.
- Ensure that the
prepare_commandis run even when skipping the download
- Public headers inside a directory named
frameworkshould be linked in the
- Properly support targets with spaces in their name in the embed frameworks
- Don't add the
-ObjClinker flag if it's unnecessary.
- Ensure that no duplicate framework or target dependencies are created.
Highlighted Enhancement That Needs Testing
De-duplicate Pod Targets: CocoaPods now recognizes when a dependency is used
multiple times across different user targets, but needs to be built only once.
The targets in
Pods.xcodeprojneed to be duplicated when one of the following
- They are used on different platforms.
- They are used with differents sets of subspecs.
- They have any dependency which needs to be duplicated.
You can opt-out of this behavior installation-wise, by setting the following
option in your ``~/.cocoapods/config.yaml`:
- The CocoaPods environment header has been removed.
Installeris passed directly to the
hooks defined in the Podfile, instead of the previously used
- Deprecate the
xcconfigattribute in the Podspec DSL, which is replaced by
the new attributes
- The notice about a new version being available will now include our
recommendation of using the latest stable version.
- New commands
pod cache listand
pod cache cleanallows you to see the
contents of the cache and clean it.
- The download cache will automatically be reset when changing CocoaPods
- Supports running pre-install hooks in plugins. This happens before the resolver
does its work, and offers easy access to the sandbox, podfile and lockfile via a
PreInstallHooksContextobject. This also renames the post-install hooks from
- Allow passing additional arguments to
pod lib create, which then get passed
as-is to the
-analyzer-disable-all-checksto disable static analyzer for
inhibit_warningsenabled (requires Xcode >= 6.1).
- Cache globbing in
PathListto speed up
- CocoaPods will validate your podfile and try to identify problems
and conflicts in how you've specified the dependencies.
pod updatewill now accept root pod names, even when only subspecs are
- Support for the new
- Added recursive support to the public headers of vendored frameworks
that are automatically linked in the sandbox. This fixes and issue
for framework header directories that contain sub-directories.
- Public headers of vendored frameworks are now automatically linked in
the sandbox. That allows transitive inclusion of headers from other pods.
- Fixes an issue that prevented static libraries from building.
is no longer set to the value of
OTHER_LDFLAGS. If you want to create a static
library that includes all dependencies for (internal/external) distribution then
you should use a tool like
- The embed frameworks script will now properly filter out symlinks to the
directories that are filtered, which fixes an issue when submitting to the
Mac App Store.
- The error report template is now more robust against missing executables.
- Attempting to specify a
gitsource where a Podspec for the requested pod is
not found will have a more helpful error message.
pod outdatedwill now accept the
- Fixes an issue which prevented using a custom
integrating CocoaPods via dynamic frameworks.
- Pods frameworks in codesigned Mac apps are now signed.