DTFoundation is a collection of utility methods and category extensions that Cocoanetics is standardizing on. This should evolve into a toolset of well-documented and -tested code to accelerate future development.
At a Glance
Contained are several category methods
- NSArray+DTError - parsing array property lists with error reporting
- NSData+DTCrypto - Cryptography methods for NSData
- NSDictionary+DTError - parsing dictionary property lists with error reporting
- NSMutableArray+DTMoving - moving multiple array elements to a new location
- NSObject+DTRuntime - runtime hacking methods
- NSString+DTFormatNumbers - formatting Numbers
- NSString+DTUtilities - various utility methods for strings
- NSString+DTPaths - working with paths
- NSString+DTURLEncoding - URL encoding methods
- NSString+DTUTI - string utility methods using UTIs
- NSURL+DTUnshorten - unshorting of NSURLs
- NSURL+DTAppLinks - getting direct-access URLs for an app's app store and review page
- UIImage+DTFoundation - helpful methods for drawing images
- UIView+DTFoundation - helpful methods for working with views
Other classes simplify working with specialized data
- DTActionSheet - block-based additions for UIActionSheet
- DTASN1Parser - a parser for ASN.1-encoded data (eg. Certificates)
- DTAsyncFileDeleter - asynchronous non-blocking file/folder deletion
- DTBase64Coding - Matt Gallagher's base64 methods in a class instead of a category
- DTCustomColoredAccessory - a customizable accessory view for UITableView
- DTExtendedFileAttributes - access and modify extended file attributes
- DTHTMLParser - a libxml2-based HTML parser
- DTPieProgressIndicator - pie-shaped progress indicator
- DTScripting - things to work with Objective-C script
- DTSmartPagingScrollView - a page-based scroll view
- DTVersion - parsing and comparing version numbers
- DTZipArchive - uncompressing ZIP and GZ files
It is open source and covered by a standard 2-clause BSD license. That means you have to mention Cocoanetics as the original author of this code and reproduce the LICENSE text inside your app.
You can purchase a Non-Attribution-License for 75 Euros for not having to include the LICENSE text.
We also accept sponsorship for specific enhancements which you might need. Please contact us via email for inquiries.
The DTFoundation.framework is using the "Fake Framework" template put together by Karl Stenerud. If your app does not use ARC yet (but DTFoundation does) then you also need the -fobjc-arc linker flag.
- Include the DTFoundation.framework in your project.
- Import the DTFoundation.h in your PCH file or include the individual header files where needed.
- Add -ObjC to "Other Linker Flags".