da.gd is a collection of quick-info tools written in PHP. It allows you to use
curl (or any http client) to quickly retrieve information from an easy-to-remember url.
The goal of this project is to just make an easy to use, little-of-everything tool that works on any device or in any script in any situation. So far, some interesting ideas have been requested (and implemented). If you have an idea for a feature you would like to see, please either (order of preference):
- Fork, Add feature, Send pull request for review/merge.
- Ask CodeBlock on irc (freenode). We also now have #dagd on irc.freenode.net.
- File it in the issue tracker
Because a goal of this project is to have it work for many purposes/situations, I encourage feedback, ideas, participation, and interaction with this project. Have some fun with it :)
@martinbrandenburg runs a proxy on IPv6 which allows da.gd to work over IPv6, and an AAAA record has been pointed to it. Thanks!
curl da.gd/help will give you a list of what is currenly available
on the live site.
Eventually the following will work.
- /i/google.com - return info about google.com (including up/down), such as the title of the page.
- /port/google.com/80 - check if port 80 is open on google.com - this will be limited if implemented.
- /bl/127.0.0.1 - check to see if an IP is on a dnsbl. (Thanks for the idea @Ttech!)
- Any other ideas you would like to see.